Easier said than done! We live in a stressful time in history. Families are falling apart, nations are in havoc and the financial world is crumbling. Yet we all want to “Be Happy!” Is this Really even possible?
According to Psalm 1:1 it is! The verse begins with the word “Happy” in the original text. Most Bibles say “Blessed” but this comes from the Hebrew root word which means “Happy.” The verse goes on to describe the man who is happy!
1. It is one who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly. Stop listening or seeking the advice of those who do not know God. This means you might have to turn off the media! It doesn’t matter what man says about the world or you. It matters what God says about the world and you.
2. It is one who doesn’t stand in the way of sinners. The word stand here means to take the position with and the way means the journey or manner. This means that we are not to take the stance/position in life or in our manner with the sinner. You can fellowship with an unbeliever but be careful not to take their position or manner.
3. It is one who doesn’t sit in seat of the scornful. Don’t hang out with people who mock the ways of God. This not only means making fun of God but mocking His ways. Are you listening to others who ridicule God? If so, you are going to find yourself in an unhappy place!
We have looked at what not to do to be Happy so what does the Word tell us to do to be Happy?
1. Delight in the Law of the Lord. Take pleasure/long for the direction and instruction of the Lord God. How? Spend time in His Word and in prayer.
2. Meditate in the Law of the Lord. Meditate means to mutter, to speak. We are to be speaking what the Word of God says and NOTHING else. Remember we said that it matters what God says? Well it matters what YOU say God says. We must train our mouths to only speak what God says! His Word says We are healed, prosperous, saved, delivered, we have peace!
SO BE HAPPY TODAY! Decline the invitation of those who do not believe and trust in God. Devote yourself to a daily walk and talk with God. Deliver in word and deed ONLY what God says!!!